New kind of pizza there!! The very healthy one!
I got inspired by all those jumbo eggplants that I saw at the supermarket and they gave me the idea of using them as a “base” for a dish!
I had some goat cheese and onion jam that fit together perfectly thanks to the mix of acidity and sweetness and I also bought plenty of heirloom tomatoes that are so beautiful and tasty! I really love using those colorful tomatoes which gives everything a great taste and also texture.
These pizzas are made with goat cheese and tomatoes but can be reinvented infinitely!
Sun dried tomatoes, pesto, eggs, peppers fit well with eggplant and would be also a great combination!
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 cups of goat cheese
- Heirloom tomatoes
- 4 tbsp of onion jam (recipe here)
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Slice eggplant to get 1 inch thick round pieces.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Spread goat cheese on the eggplant. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread onion jam and dispose tomatoes sliced in two. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add a few leaves of basil.
- Enjoy warm!