Squash and leek soup – perfect soup for cold winters
Warm soup is the best dish for any cold day. I try to make a batch of soup a week and we’ll eat it at night with a protein or a salad. It’s so nice to eat something warm when it’s freezing out.
What I like with this recipe is the small chunks in the soup. I find it more satisfying to chew veggies when you eat a soup because I don’t like them too watery.
I recommend a good blender for this soup. Otherwise you’ll burn the resistance. The Vitamix is a good one because if the heating function.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 leeks
- 1 cup of tarragon
- ¼ cup of rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of scallions
- optional: grated ginger
- Rinse squash and potatoes
- Cook for around 30 minutes until tender
- Peel potatoes and squash.
- Peel and rinse leeks
- Cook leeks for 15 minutes in salted water
- Keep ⅓ of the squash and slice it in small chunks
- Place all remaining veggies in food processor and add 2 cups of water
- Blend well until smooth
- Season with herbs, salt and pepper
- Add sliced pieces into the soup
- Top with seeds, scallions
- Eat very warm