Simple Vegetables Pasta – Healthy, vegan and gluten-free dish, seasoned with Mediterranean herbs
This recipe is all about my favorite thing: vegetable. To twist it a bit, I added some gluten-free pasta to it so it’s even more filling.
The combination of these mediterranean veggies roasted and super tender is to die for. The tomatoes became so tender and release some delicious juice that turned to be slightly sweet because of the cooking process.
The eggplant cubes, peppers and zucchinis soften too during the baking time. They become super tender and soft and has a fire roasted taste. I find that absolutely delicious.
In this recipe, I offer the possibility of marinating the vegetables into a dressing made with herbs and avocado oil but you can decide to serve it with my Sun Dried Tomato Pesto. It matches perfectly and will enhance the delicious taste of the vegetables.
Why am I using avocado oil and not olive oil for the cooking? It’s because olive oil which is a healthy un saturated fat oil becomes saturated at high heat. I use oil only to season at the end.
When I make this recipe, I usually have a batch of leftover and I eat it everyday. I combine it with avocado, hummus or any other spread.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #myorganicdiary on Instagram. I would love to see what you come up with!
- 2 zucchinis, sliced in half-moons
- 1 eggplant, cubed or sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 lb. wild mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 lb gluten-free pasta
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 lime, squeezed,
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup oil avocado oil
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt or to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 450F. Marinate veggies in dressing.
- Place veggies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Flip everything once half way through.
- Cook pasta according to packaging.
- Place in a serving dish with pasta. Sprinkle with fresh basil, pine nuts and a drizzle of olive oil.