The Best Energy Bites – Vegan and gluten-free low in sugar protein bites, ideal for snack and grab-and-go
A while ago, I came up with this recipes because I wanted an easy grab-and-go snack for my husband. He travels all the time and I try to make him easy things to travel with that don’t need to stay in the fridge.
All you need is a good food processor to get a smooth mixture.
The energy bites are absolutely perfect as a snack and super easy to travel with. Just put them in a ziploc bag or tupperwear and that’s it. They can stay in your bag without any risk but I recommend to leave them in fridge to optimize preservation.
Hemp, chia and flax seeds are superfoods rich in protein. I was looking to make a healthy snack, low in sugar but high in fat and protein. It’s the best way to feel full. They are very feeling thanks to the nut butter and seeds but also the blended oats. In this recipe I used cashew butter and it’s absolutely divine! First time I have been using it and I’ll do it again. I have been cashew butter in my smoothies since I have discovered it.
f you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #myorganicdiary on Instagram. I would love to see what you come up with!
- 1½ cup gluten free oats
- 4 tbsp nut butter (cashew, coconut or other nuts butter)
- 3 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 3 tbsp nut milk, or more if needed
- 1 to 3 scoop of vegan protein powder (optional)
- 2 scoops collagen (optional)
- Chia seeds, flax seeds or hemp seeds to top
- Add all ingredients to your food processor.
- If mixture is too dry, add milk spoon by spoon.
- When smooth, form dough in ball shape with your hands.
- Roll in topping.
- Refrigerate for up to 10 days.
- Note: if you add protein and collagen, you'll probably need to add more milk.