Earthy Beet Salad – Delicious vegan and gluten-free dish served with Kite Hill dairy-free ricotta
EARTHY BEET SALAD | Vegan | Gluten-Free
Earthy Beet Salad - Delicious vegan and gluten-free dish served with Kite Hill dairy-free ricotta
- 1 lb lettuce (any kind works!)
- 2-3 large beets, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 box of Kite Hill Ricotta cheese
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 cup olive oil (or ½ cup + ½ cup water)
- ¼ cup vinegar (balsamic or pomegranate if available)
- 1 tsp garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add salad to a serving bowl. Top the salad with the sliced beets and shallots.
- On the stove, mix the pecan with maple syrup on medium-high heat. Cook until caramelized for 5 minutes. Let cooled.
- Prepare the dressing and pour on the salad.
- Top the salad with the ricotta crumbled with a fork, the pecan (use a knife to break them apart if stick together).
- Eat right away!