Eggplant lentils lasagna – Delicious vegan and gluten-free regular lasagna alternative.
I have to say… I can’t believe how good this dish is. I just can’t get over it. It’s probably one of my best recipe! I have been in an eggplant mode recently, trying out new recipes and combinations.
The creaminess of almond cheese on top of the soft eggplant layered with the tomato lentils sauce is to die for… I am definitely making this dish over and over again!
- 2 eggplants, stems removed, sliced into 4 lengthwise
- 1 28-ounce can tomato diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup rinsed and drained red lentils
- ¾ cup almond, soaked for 10 hours or in boiling water for 1 hour
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup fresh basil, stems removed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup water
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dried oregnano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Place eggplant on parchment paper and roast for 30min at 425F.
- In the meantime make tomato sauce. Add all ingredient to a large pot and cook on medium heat. Cover. When boiling, reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Make the almond cheese by adding all ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Using a glass or ceramic oven proof pan, layer tomato sauce and place eggplant on top. Repeat. Cover with almond cheese.
- Finally sprinkle nutritional yeast.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375F.
- Enjoy warm! This dish is even better the following day!