BLACK AND RED QUINOA BOWL – vegan and gluten-free easy bowl with peppers, tomatoes, arugula and mushrooms
This black and red quinoa bowl happens to be made with leftovers from my fridge! And it’s delicious! You got it: you can make this preparation in advance and use it to pack your lunch box or for a quick dinner.
I recently discovered black quinoa and it’s been my favorite since then. Black quinoa stays super crunchy and keep its nutty taste. I love so have some already cooked in my fridge.
In this recipe, the mushrooms are a big plus but they are not necessary; you can still make this earthy summery bowl without them. However, the mushrooms dressing with the balsamic vinegar and miso adds a lot to the bowl.
- 1 cup raw black quinoa
- 1 pepper, sliced
- ½ cup tomatoes
- 1 scallion branch, minced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp pine nuts
- ½ lb whole mushrooms, rinsed
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 cup water
- In a large pot, mix all the dressing ingredients. When well combined, add the mushrooms and cover. Cook on medium high heat for 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and water is fully absorbed.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, cook the quinoa according to packaging.
- In a large bowl, combine peppers, tomatoes scallions arugula and cooled quinoa.
- Mix mustard and olive oil and pour on the salad.
- Add the mushrooms when done.
- Eat at room temperature.