Chestnut Raisin Teff Bread – Vegan sweet and sour healthy alternative to regular white bread.
Sharing with you one of my favorite combination: raisins and chestnuts! And the best part: it’s in a bread! Enjoy!
CHESTNUT RAISIN TEFF BREAD
Chestnut Raisin Teff Bread - Vegan sweet and sour healthy alternative to regular white bread.
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup teff flour
- ½ cup of oats
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup chestnuts, cooked and peeled
- 1¼ teaspoon table salt
- 1⅓ cups water (or sparkling water)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon instant or active dry yeast
- pinch fresh ground pepper
- flour for dusting
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and water for 10 min.
- Add flours and oats and mix well until having a nice dough. If the dough is too humid add a little flour. If it's too dry add a few teaspoons of water.
- Add salt and oil.
- When the dough is dense and a little sticky, add pepper (optional)chestnuts and raisins.
- Cover the bowl and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Dust your work surface and form one large ball or small balls.
- Let rise again for 30min.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until crust is golden.