Tahini chocolate granola – easy versatile granola rich in superfood . Slightly salted and with a delicious tahini aftertaste.
I am obsessed with granola and I try to not make it too often. The reason: it’s simply disappears too quickly. Especially with chocolate chunks and when it has a salty taste mix with it. Like in this Tahini Chocolate Granola.
I mention in the recipe the minimum maple syrup you can make the recipe with which is the dose I use. However, some people love very chunky granola with a strong sweet taste. Feel free to add more maple syrup. You can’t get big chunks without sweetener. There’s no secret to it!
- 4 cups of oats
- ½ cup flax meal
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup (or more!) of chocolate chunks
- 1 tsp of salt
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ to ⅔ cup of maple syrup - this depends on how much you like sweet. If you like big granola chunks, you'll need to increase your amount of maple syrup
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 cups of nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans...)
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with the help of a stand mixer or by hand.
- Spread the mixture on parchment paper on an oven proof pan. Make sure the layer is as thin as possible. It will allow the preparation to get crispy.
- Bake for 35-40min until it turns golden brown.
- Let cool completely. When completely cooled, add the pan to the refrigerator and let set for 1 hour.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for 2 weeks or in the freezer for 1 month.