Vegetable Shakshuka – healthy and easy complete meal, high in flavors and nutrients
This is probably my third recipe of shakshuka on the blog and the reason is because it’s just delicious and easy. It’s the perfect dish to make when you have lots of vegetables, a tomato can and want to prepare something in advance. Because yes, you can keep this vegetable shakshuka for a few days in the fridge and it would be even more delicious re-heated.
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 3 zucchinis, cubed
- ½ lb mushrooms, rinsed
- 1 28 oz tomato can
- 4-6 organic free range eggs
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs and pine nut to decorate
- Heat oil in a large sautee pan.
- Add all the vegetables, cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the tomato sauce, the spices and mix well. Cover and let simmer on low-medium heat for 30-50 min making sure the vegetables don't burn. The cooking time depends if you like you're vegetable crunchy or very soft.
- Making small nest in the preparation, break each egg. Cover and cook for another 4 minutes for runny eggs or 7 minutes for hard eggs.
- Serve hot.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.