Simple Vegetable Tajine – Delicious flavorful vegetarian version of the famous oriental dish.
SIMPLE VEGETABLE TAJINE
Simple Vegetable Tajine - Delicious flavorful vegetarian version of the famous oriental dish.
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped and seeded
- 1 large zucchini or yellow zucchini, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 15oz chickpeas can, rinsed
- ¼ cup parsley or cilantro
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cups of quinoa, cooked
- ¼ cup golden raisins or apricots.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 cup of water in a saucepan on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and bell pepper. COver and cook for 5 minutes. Add the spices, lemon juice ginger, chickpeas, raisins and zucchini.
- Add the remaining of the broth and simmer until the vegetable are tender for about 30 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve hot on quinoa.
* can be made in the instant pot usine the saute or stew mode for 15 minutes