Flaky and tender fish inspired by the famous black miso cod at Nobu restaurant.
- 2 lbs of black cod with skin
- 2 cups of soy sauce (with the minimum sodium possible)
- 2 tbsp of black miso paste
- 1 tbsp of sake
- Scallions to decor
- Cut fish in individual pieces
- Preheat sautéed pan on medium heat and combine miso, sake, and soy sauce
- Mix well until full incorporation.
- Let cool.
- In a large bowl dispose the fish cut in pieces and pour the cold sauce on it.
- Make sure every piece is covered
- Let sit in fridge for 2 days to 1 day.
- Preheat sautéed pan on high heat.
- Dispose fish face down (skin up!) and cook for 2-3 minutes until it starts to becoming brownish.
- Dispose in an oven proof pan skin down and cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until flaky.