Asian salad – healthy carrots salad loaded in protein with an asian dressing.
- 250g of raw (multi-grains) tempeh
- 1 cup of sliced scallions
- 4 large carrots or 3 cups of grated carrots
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce less sodium
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of grated ginger
- 1 lemon juice oil
- 2 cups of edamame
- Slice the tempeh in pieces.
- Add teriyaki sauce to a medium sauce pan.
- Add tempeh and 1/2 cup of water into the sauce pan.
- Cover on high heat and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Uncover and cook on all the tempeh sides. They should turn brown.
- Set aside when cooked.
- Grate carrots. Top with edamame and sliced scallions.
- Add tempeh on top.
- Prepare dressing and mix oils, ginger, lemon and season.
- Pour the dressing on the salad. Add seeds at the end.