Delicious and fluffy water challah, ideal for your shabbat.
- 5 lbs of flour
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 40g (1 cube) of fresh yeast – or 4 tbsp of dry yeast
- 3 tbsp of salt
- 5 cups of sparkling water
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Optional: 2 eggs for brushing
- Optional: 2 cups of oats, bran, and multi grains
- Dissolve yeast in sparkling water and let sit for 10 minutes
- In a large bowl mix sugar, honey and oil and start adding the flour, the yeast and sparkling water and the rest of the flour. Add oats and multigrains.
- The dough should be super easy to mix.
- Add the salt at the end.
- After 10 minutes of kneading, the dough should be super smooth.
- Place the dough in plastic bag and in oven turned off.
- After one hour, the dough should have doubled in volume.
- Braid and let rise one hour again.
- Optional: Brush with beaten eggs.
- Bake at 360°F for 35 to 45 minutes depending of the size of your challah.