Ratatouille Quinoa Casserole – Healthy complet spiced dish, vegan and gluten free
- 3 peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange)
- 3 small zucchinis
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1lb of uncooked quinoa (I used tricolor)
- 2 tbsp of turmeric
- 2 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp of cumin
- 2 tbsp of nutmeg
- 4 tbsp of black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to package.
- Slice veggies and place on an oven proof pan.
- Place chickpeas in an oven proof pan.
- Sprinkle with all the spices.
- Roast the veggies for 45 minutes at 425 degrees. (stop before if your oven is very strong and they are burning)
- Bake chickpeas for 20 minutes.
- At the same time, slice onion.
- Cook with 2 cups of water until all water has evaporate (around 30 minutes) on medium-high heat.
- Mix caramelized onion with quinoa.
- in a large casserole, add basil leaves cut and quinoa.
- Mix with roasted veggies.
- Season with olive oil salt and pepper,
- Add olive oil at the end.
- Cover and preheat if needed.