Eggplant tarte tatin – caramelized vegetarian pie spiced with paprika, cumin and tahini.
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp of tahini.
- 2 tbsp nut oil (or olive oil)
- 6 oz of goat cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 cup of nut milk
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Slice eggplant in round.
- Mix tahini, honey, 1 tbsp of oil and sprinkle some spices. Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Brush eggplant with the mixture.
- Place eggplant slices on an oven proof sheet pan on parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- During that time, cut zucchini in cubes.
- Mix with egg and spices (and goat cheese).
- Add 1 tbsp of oil and milk.
- When eggplant is ready, place eggplant at the bottom of a round oven proof pan.
- Pour egg mixture on it.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees or until fluffy.