- 1 can 28 oz diced tomatoes
- ½ cup lentils
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned or cooked
- ½ eggplant, cubed, skin on or peeled
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- ½ cup Mina Harissa
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp nut meg
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 cups whole grains, cooked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large sauce pan, sautéed the eggplant cubed in oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes on high heat until tender.
- Add the tomato can, lentils and 2 cups of water with the spices.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the harissa.
- Cook for another 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Add the chickpeas at the end and mix well.
- Serve on your favorite whole grain as a chili.
- Stays fresh for 1 week or can be kept in freezer.