Thumbprint choco-nut butter cookies – Vegan and gluten-free healthy cookies
For the cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup nut butter
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the chocolate drops
- 2 oz (110g) baking chocolate
- 1 tbsp pure raw cocoa butter
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- pinch of sea salt
For the chocolate drops:
- Line a small baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt together chocolate and cocoa butter and stir until smooth.
- Add sea salt and mix until well combined.
- Transfer chocolate mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto your prepared baking sheet into the shape you want. You can also use silicon molds to give the chocolate the shape you like.
- Transfer to the freezer. Keep frozen until the cookies are ready.
For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, salt and coconut sugar.
- Add nut butter, oil and maple syrup to a medium saucepan.
- Melt ingredients on the stovetop, then stir until well combined and smooth.
- Add almond milk and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop the dough into 1 tbsp and roll into balls. Place on your prepared baking sheet. The cookies do not change shape in the oven, make sure to form them into the shape you want. Use your thumb to press in the middle.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 6-8 minutes or until the cookies look golden and just began to crackle.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, press one chocolate drop into the middle of each one.
- Let cookies cool down for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finishing cooling.