Fig and date almond cake – gluten-free and vegan recipe ideal for Rosh Hashana or to make muffins with. Slightly sweet but high in flavors.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey (feel free to add another 1/4 cup if you life very sweet dessert)
- 6 dates, pitted and diced
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup avocado or olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame + a little more for topping
- 6–8 figs, quartered
- 1/4 cup shaved almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix flours, flax meal and baking soda. Add maple syrup, dates, milk, oil and apple cider vinegar. Mix well until combined. Add sesame.
- Grease a 8″ springform pan or a round mold. Pour the batter and give the mold a light shake until having the batter equally spread out.
- Press the figs quartered on top of the cake. Sprinkle shaved almonds and sesame.
- Bake for 45-55min.
- Removed from oven and let chill. When cooled, serve right away or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.