ENCHILADAS CASSEROLE – healthy every-meal recipe, filled with fiber, protein and greens.
- 8 gluten-free (or regular) tortilla
- 3 cups kale or spinach, washed and trimmed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 15oz black bean can, rinsed
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you like spicy)
- 1 28oz tomato can, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh herb minced: cilantro, parsley, scallions..
- to serve: pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven at 375F
- Add oil to and combine onion, pepper, and kale in a large sauce pan. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat with 1/4 cup or water.
- Add spices and nutritional yeast. Finally add tomato diced. Cook for 5 other minutes.
- Place the beans in a bowl. Spoon 1/4 of the vegetable mix in the baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Spoon into each tortilla the vegetable mix and roll up. Place each tortillas side by
side. Spread some remaining mix on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the herbs and pumpkin seeds.
- Eat warm