DARK CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE – Super gooey and decadent chocolate cake, ideal for parties or dinner
- 200g (7 oz), usually one tablet of extra dark chocolate (between 60% and 72%)
- 4–8 chocolate squares
- 1/3 cup of almond or nut oil
- 4 eggs
- 50g (1/4 cup) of almond flour
- Optional: 2 tbsp of sugar
- Preheat oven at 435F.
- Melt chocolate and oil together.
- Whip eggs and salt (and sugar) until mixture blanches on high speed.
- Add almond flour and mix on medium speed.
- Add the cooled chocolate to eggs and mix slowly at low speed.
- Pour in 2 large, 4 medium, or 6-8 small molds.
- Add 1 chocolate square in the middle of each mold.
- Cook for 6 minutes for the small ones and 7-9 minutes for the large ones depending on the size.
- (I usually put a timer every minute after 6 minutes to make sure they don’t overcook)
- Freeze well when cooked and can be made a few hours in advance.
- Tip: if you make it in advance and are planning to reheat in the oven, undercook for 1 minute so the middle will stay fudgy.