RAW HAZELNUT BROWNIE BARS – Delicious vegan and gluten-free hazelnut and chocolate brownie. Ideal for snaking and indulging!
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts and almonds (it can be one or the other but a mix of both is really flavourful!)
- 2 cups packed pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup flax meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, soften or coconut oil , melted or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup non-dairy vanilla milk, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Salt flakes and roasted almonds to decorate
- Line an 8×8 inch (or rectangle)pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a food processor, blend on high all the brownie ingredients until they form a sticky dough. It should happen within 3-5 minutes.
- Using your hands or the back of a spatula, press the doughy mixture into the pan until it is smooth and as flat as possible on top. Freeze for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the chocolate topping by mixing the remaining ingredients together. Pour on top of the brownies and spread evenly. Sprinkle salt flakes and roasted hazelnuts.
- Put in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cut in pieces.
- Keep in the freezer or refrigerate.