ROASTED CRUSTED CAULIFLOWER – super easy recipe to make when hosting or for weeknight dinners. Presents nicely and tastes delicious.
- 1 whole cauliflower, washed with vinegar and well rinsed
- 1 cup spelt crumbs or bread crumbs
- 10 mini carrots, peeled and washed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water or nut milk (for more creaminess)
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup min, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 pinch sesame seeds
- 1 pinch sumac
- 1 tsp crushed nuts (walnuts and pistachio for example)
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together until smooth. Add tsp of water if too thick.
- Coat the cauliflower with the dressing using a brush. Be generous and make sure to brush every side. Pour the remaining dressing aside.
- Spread the crumbs in a plate and roll the cauliflower in it making sure all the sides get covered.
- Using an ovenproof pan (nonstick or lined with parchment paper), place the cauliflower. You can also add the carrots on the side and brush them with the dressing.
- Bake for 45 minutes for it to be well done and tender. 30 minutes are enough for a firm cauliflower.
- Place in a nice serving dish. Pour the remaining dressing on top. Top with the pistachios, sumac, sesame seeds and mint.
- Service warm or at room temperature with a meat knife to carve.