Superfood Bread – Healthful gluten-free and vegan bread, high in fiber
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cups flax meal
- 1/2 cup psyllium husk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1/3 cup seeds or nuts of your choice (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds or other seeds for toppings
- Preheat oven at 350F
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixer bowl
- Add water and let sit for 1 minute
- Mix well using the mixer or your hands
- Grease 2 loaf pans or line with parchment paper.
- Divide the mixture into the pans.
- Top with seeds if desired
- Bake for 1h
- Cool for 5-10 minutes and remove from the mold
- Slice each loaf into 12 slices. Toast if necessary or can be reheated in the oven.
- Serve with nut butter, avocado, hummus…
- Keeps well in the freezer for 3 months or in the fridge for 5 days.
The baking soda and apple cider vinegar will help the bread to rise as there is no egg. However it’s not mandaroy and the bread will be just a bit more compact without.
You can make 1 large loaf and not 2 if you prefer. However, I noticed that the bread bakes better when you make 2 loaves. If you do make only 1, lower the temperature and increase the baking time. When you remove the bread from the mold slice it and if the inside is still a bit too moist, either freeze and toast each slice as you eat or put back in the oven for 5 minutes at 350F.