THE BEST NUT BUTTER CAKE EVER – delicious vegan and gluten-free cake, ideal for breakfast and snacks
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup nut butter (I use a mix nut butter)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (if you prefer very sweet cake, go up to 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened nut milk (almond, oats, macadamia..)
- 2 flax eggs (mix 2 tbsp flax meal with 6 tbsp filtered water and let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened nut milk
- Salt flakes to sprinkle
- Preheat oven at 350F
- Mix almond flour, coconut sugar, milk, and nut butter in a large bowl. Add the flax eggs, the chocolate chips, the baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Spread the batter in a square or round mold, previously lined with parchment paper or greased.
- Bake for 32 minutes.
- Prepare the topping when the cake is ready and spread evenly on the cake.
- Sprinkle salt flakes on the cake.
- Keeps well in the fridge in an airtight container for 1 week. Freeze well for 2 months.