Delicious healthy vegan, gluten-free superfoods cookie recipe loaded in nuts and seeds
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup nut butter
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 chia seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- (Optional: 1/4 cup coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup almond or cashew milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg: 1 tbsp flax meal, mixed with 3 tbsp water, set aside
- Adds on: 1/3 cup cranberries, chocolate chips, raisins…
- Top with sea salt
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, almond flour, pumpkin, sunflower, chia seeds, and almonds. (Add the coconut sugar if desired)
- Add the flax egg, and mix.
- Add the maple syrup, milk of your choice, vanilla extract, salt and mix well.
- Add the add on of your choice and mix slightly.
- Line an ovenproof pan with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scooper or your hands, form balls with the dough.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and flatten the balls to give the cookies a nice shape.
- Bake for 13-15min – do not overcook as they will harden a bit after cooking.
- The cookies can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
I like to put my cookies in the freezer before baking as it makes it easier to shape them.
These cookies can also be made into bars or muffins.
They are very light in sugar hence the optional coconut sugar.
Keywords: cookies, gluten-free, healthy, vegan, breakfast