Vegan gluten-free banana bread – Absolutely mouth-watering banana bread made with oats and almond flour, using chocolate chips and pecans
- 2 bananas, ripe (+ 1 to place on top on the cake, optional)
- 2 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup almond, cashew or sunflower seed butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond or cashew milk
- 2 tbsp flax meal + 1/4 cup water, mixed and set aside
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Adds-on: 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans in pieces
- Adds-on: 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, almond flour, chia seeds, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add the nut butter, nut milk, maple syrup, 2 of the 3 bananas, apple cider vinegar and mix well until having a nice cake dough (for about 5 minutes on medium speed).
- Add the adds on and fold nicely. Do not over mix as it will over break the chocolate chips.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and grease the sides if necessary.
- Pour the batter and bake for 45 min to 55 minutes. (Optional: slice the remaining banana and place on top of the cake.)
- When fully baked, set aside for 10 minutes and remove from the pan using the parchment paper to allow the banana bread to cool down.
- Slice in 10-12 slices roughly. Top with more salt if desired.
- Can be kept in an airtight container for about 1 week in the fridge and for 3 months in the freezer.
If using a silicone mold, wait until the cake has completely cooled down before removing from the mold as it would most likely break otherwise.
I always put a timer for 45 minutes and I monitor the baking after that. You really don’t want your banana bread to be burnt but it has to be well baked as well. I bake mine for 55 minutes but I do not have a great oven, to be honest.
Use your favorite adds-on instead of the ones I suggested.
I love salt with cakes especially when there is chocolate. Feel free to add more salt flakes when ready to serve.
The bread is delicious cold directly out of the fridge but also reheated in the oven for 2 minutes.
Keywords: banana bread, gluten-free, vegan, oats, almond flour, healthy