Ricotta pancakes – gluten-free heathy morning alternative, high in fiber and nutrients.
This recipe was so fun to make! I am usually not a pancake maker, but I was looking for ways to use the ricotta I had left. And I so happy how they turned out!
The Ricotta Pancakes were fluffy, light, tasty and in the mean time filling! Will definitely make them very often or will try other pancake recipes next time!
- 1 cup teff flour
- ½ cup almond flour (or coconut flour)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh ricotta (or vegan cheese type ricotta)
- 1½ cup nut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil type avocado
- Berries, seeds and toppings of your choice
- Mix all ingredients except oil in a large bowl
- Make sure everything is well combined.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Grease the skillet and drop a ladle (around ⅓ cup) in the pan.
- Cook the pancake until golden brown on the edge for around 1 min.
- Flip and repeat process on the other side for 1 minute.
- Repeat process with the remaining batter using more oil if necessary.
- Serve warm with fruits, nuts, butter, and other toppings.