2 Ingredients Chickpea Flour Tortilla – delicious super easy and quick healthy tortilla alternative
It’s the first time that I celebrate #tacoTuesday! I am usually not really a fan of tacos because I don’t eat corn tortillas but this recipe is going to change everything for me! Sometimes (..often) I don’t feel like eating a salad and I want comfort food like a sandwich or a wrap. This recipe is definitely perfect for that.
These tortillas are amazingly doughy, just like flour tortillas, with the perfect amount of chew and a slightly turmeric (or any other spice!) flavor and color. What’s really cool with this recipe is the versatility, you can use any spice you like. I was even about to use truffle salt in them (who doesn’t like truffle salt right?).
It’s up to you to make them really thin or thicker. I guess they would be easier to roll if they are thinner and you could probably make more than 5. Another good point of making this is how efficient it;s actually is. You don’t need to let the batter rest, can be cooked immediately on the stove and taste delicious with almost anything! I wonder how they taste with chocolate…
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #myorganicdiary on Instagram. I would love to see what you come up with!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- Optional: spices of your choice. Here 1 tbsp turmeric, salt & pepper
- 1 pepper, sautéed or roasted
- 1 avocado, pitted, seasoned and cut in pieces
- 2 cups salad
- Toppings of choice: pickled onions, scallions, tomatoes, beans...
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the ingredients together and add the spices of your choice.
- Heat a small pan on the stove with 1 tbsp of neutral oil.
- When pan is really hot, pour 1 ladle into the pan like you would do for a crepe or pancake.
- Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown on medium-high heat. Be careful to not burn the tortilla!
- When all the tortillas are made, assemble with toppings and top with dressing.
- This recipe can be used with infinite possibilities of toppings and dressing.