Raw vegan chocolate cake is the best treat! It’s even tastier when you know you are eating a cake that is healthy for you, vegan and raw!
This cake is only made with nuts, chocolate bar and coconut milk. For those you don’t like coconut, no worries, you don’t even taste it. It’s just for the consistency of the ganache. The coconut milk makes you feel like it’s full of butter and gelatin. What a lie… 🙂 The consistency is perfect. You can use this ganache for cake you need to decorate or fill.
I personally use 70% chocolate but if you don’t like too dark or like when it’s a bit sweet go for a traditional baking 50% chocolate.
I recommend using a good food processor to make the base. I used my kitchen aid because it’s very efficient and also easy to clean.
RAW VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 16 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Modern
Healthy, simple and raw vegan chocolate cake
For the base cake
- 1 cup of roasted unsalted almonds
- 2 cups of roasted unsalted hazelnuts
- 200g of high quality dark chocolate (minimum 50%, 70% if you like very dark and not sweet)
For the ganache
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 500g high quality chocolate
- 1 tbsp of salt
For the ganache
- Place the pieces of chocolate in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a sauce pot add the coconut milk and salt and whisk.
- Heat the milk mixture on medium high heat until smooth.
- Pour the milk over the chocolate.
- Make sure all the chocolate is covered. Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Stir gently to incorporate the milk and chocolate.
- When the chocolate is melted, the ganache should be smooth.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly over the top of the ganache.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
For the base cake
- Melt the chocolate.
- Mix in a food processor the nuts for a 2 minutes until in small pieces.
- Add chocolate to the nuts and mix together for 3 minutes.
- Use a 10″ spring form in silicon so it won’t stick.
- Press the nut mixture into the pan until having a thick base.
- Put in refrigerator for 1hour.
- Mix the ganache with an electric hand mixer for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- You want to make sure it’s smooth and not too liquid.
- Put back in refrigerator if too liquid.
- When the consistency easy to spread like a thick cream, pour on top of the base.
- Freeze for 2 hours minimum before removing the silicon mold.
- Store in refrigerator before serving and decorate as you wish.
- You can store the rest of the cake in your freezer up to one month.
Wow, wonderful weblog structure! How long have you been blogging
for? you made blogging glance easy. The total glance of your site is fantastic, let alone the content
Makar Sankranti wishes says
It’s awesome in support of me to have a web page, which is good designed for my experience.
Hello there! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be ok.
I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.
Kelly Ohnona says
yes my twitter account is _myorganicdiary 🙂 thanks!!
Cool Whatsapp Status says
each time i used to read smaller articles that also clear their motive, and that is also happening with this post which I am reading here.
republic day speech says
I think this is one of the most significant info for me.
And i’m happy reading your article. However want to observation on some normal things, The website taste is perfect, the articles is in point of fact great
: D. Just right activity, cheers
Vicky Chin says
Lovely cake! I like that you use blended nuts and chocolate as the base. I love using coconut milk too! Thanks for sharing!
I must say you have hi quality content here. Your website should go viral.
You need initial boost only. How to get it? Search for: Etorofer’s strategies
happy lohri hd photos says
Hello there, I discovered your blog by the use of Google
even as searching for a related subject, your web site got here up, it appears
to be like good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
Hello there, simply changed into alert to your blog through Google, and found that it is truly informative.
I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate should you continue this in future.
Many folks might be benefited from your writing.
gadget scanner says
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I absolutely
loved every little bit of it. I’ve got you saved as a favorite to look at new things you post…
royal rumble 2017 live says
Appreciating the time and energy you put into your site
and in depth information you provide. It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same old rehashed material.
Wonderful read! I’ve saved your site and I’m including your RSS
feeds to my Google account.
bellavei phytoceramides cream says
Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the internet
the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you,
I certainly get irked while people think about worries that they plainly
don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail
upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing
without having side-effects , people could take a signal.
Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
This is so gorgeous! I can’t wait to make this for my family. I make ‘pudding’ like this but haven’t made an entire cake – so lovely!
stare przepisy kulinarne says
Very good website – bookmarked
Amazing things here. I’m very satisfied to look your post.
Thank you a lot and I’m looking forward to touch you. Will you kindly
drop me a e-mail?