Those delicious and healthy multi seeds crackers are inspired by the book of Angela Liddon, Oh She Glows. The book all about vegan easy recipes and those crackers are very very easy to make! Whilst they might not be as convenient as wholesale crackers, these are definitely worth trying once in a while.
My recipe is a bit different from hers because I added more seeds and oats and they need a bit more soaking. However, it’s a go-to recipe if you want to make something for dipping or to eat with spread!
As a Frenchie, I love bread and I would eat it at every meal.. but I try to limit our consumption of bread and gluten but I honestly don’t think gluten-free bread is as good as regular bread.. So we are trying to replace it with crackers made with seeds, gluten free oats, or brown rice cakes.
These crackers can be made in 5 minutes. The longest part is to cook them and wait for them to cool. But believe me as soon as you try one, you can’t stop!
They are delicious eaten with hummus or almond butter, or jam because of the salty/ sweet contrast.
Healthy and easy crackers, ideal for snacks and dipping!
- 1/2 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup of flax seeds
- 1/2 cup of gluten free oats
- 1 1/2 cup of filtered water
- 1 tbsp of kosher salt
- Preheat oven at 350F
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes until the water is incorporated
- With a spoon or a spatula, press the mixture into a baking pan covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and flip on the other side.
- Bake again for 20 minutes until edges are golden.
- Add a few more minutes if still too soft.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and break in pieces.
- Store into a jar or container for up to 2 week on the counter or 1 month in freezer (they won’t last this long :p)
- If they soften, bake for 7 minutes at 300F.