Chocolate Avocado Mousse – Healthy vegan and gluten free indulgence for dessert or snack
(recette disponible en francais)
As you may have noticed, we have a passion for chocolate in my house!! Sometimes it’s a struggle to create healthy vegan dessert that don’t taste always the same and because I make so many with chocolate I am always looking to reinvent myself.
The web is amazing. You can find anything you want, and today it’s crazy how many unthinkable ingredients combination you can find in recipes. I was looking for a new king of vegan chocolate mousse because I am not really comfortable anymore eating raw eggs (don’t worry babe I will still make you my espresso chocolate mousse!). I got inspired by recipes I saw on pinterest featuring avocado and chocolate together and when I think about it, it’s definitely a great combination because avocado has such a creamy texture. Perfect for a chocolate mousse!
My first try was with only cocoa powder. Ended up really good and dark but not creamy enough. My husband then gave me the idea of using melted chocolate. I gave it a try and the texture was great! The only thing is that melted chocolate becomes harder in the fridge so to soften it, I used more almond milk to get this foamy creamy texture.
People who are not vegan could use honey in this recipe just because they prefer the taste. However, if you are strictly vegan, maple syrup is a good alternative in this recipe. Both are great sweeteners. I find maple syrup to have a slightly bitter taste. What about you, what’s your favorite sweetener?
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #myorganicdiary on Instagram. I would love to see what you come up with!
- 1 medium ripe avocado (1 avocat mure)
- 100g of dark chocolate (100g de chocolat noir)
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder (2 cas de cacao)
- ½ cup to 1 cup of almond milk (1/2 tasse -1 tasse de lait d'amande)
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup (or more if you life sweet dessert) (2cas et plus de sirop d'erable)
- 2 pinches of salt (2 pincees de sel)
- Melt chocolate. (faire fondre le chocolat)
- Peel avocado and add to a food processor. (Denoyeauter l'avocat et l'eplucher. Ajouter a un robot)
- Add all ingredients to the food processor. (ajouter le reste des ingredients au robot)
- Blend for 2-3 minutes on high until well combined. (mixer pour 2-3 minutes afin que tout soit bien combiner)
- Add more maple syrup if not sweet enough for you. (ajouter plus de sirop d'erable si necessaire)
- Add to glass container and store in fridge for 1 hour before eating. (laisser reposer dans un bol en verre au refrigerateur)
- Store in fridge for 2-3 days. (se conserve pour 2-3 jours)