What’s better than chocolate and bread??!
I was looking for an idea to break the upcoming fast and while I was baking my challah for shabbat I wondered why not using the dough and some chocolate to make it a babka!!
For the dough: recipe of the multigrain challah
When it comes to a recipe where the chocolate has an strong predominant taste, I recommend using very good quality dark chocolate like the Valrhona or… make yours!Print
For the dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
For the chocolate
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir cocoa powder, honey, and vanilla extract into melted oil until well blended.
- Let cool completely.
- (You can use this recipe to make individual chocolate pieces: dispose in small mold and refrigerate for an hour. )
- Divide the dough.
- Roll 500g of the dough with a rollin pin until having a rectangle of around 18″x10″.
- Dispose chocolate on one long side of the rectangle.
- Roll with the longest side until you have a good shaped roll.
- Leave two inches at the very start and slice in two to the the on the roll.
- (messy part!!) Roll the two parts around each other.
- Roll again on itself.
- Dispose in loaf pan.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350F
- Enjoy warm or for breakfast with coffee!