Curried Cauliflower Soup – Spicy creamy vegan dish, ideal for fall and winter
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER SOUP |
Curried Cauliflower Soup - Spicy creamy vegan dish, ideal for fall and winter
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut in florets
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp curry powder mix or curry paste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 package Kite Hill truffle cheese or other non dairy free cheese
- 3 tbsp seeds, roasted (here pistachios, pumpkins and sunflower seeds)
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup fresh basil or scallions
- Roast cauliflower at 425F for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat oil and add the onion, garlic, ginger and all the spices.
- cook for 5 minutes until transluscent and slighly caramelized.
- Add the coconut and 1 cup of liquid. Let simmer until cauliflower is ready.
- Add all ingredients and two cups of liquid to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a large pot with another cup of water and let simmer for 20 minutes on low medium heat.
- Serve hot and top with Kite Hill cheese, seeds, herbs and pomegranate.