Vegetable lasagna – Dairy-free version of the classic lasagna dish
Vegetable lasagna - Dairy-free version of the classic lasagna dish
Recipe type: Main
- 2 large cans tomatoes diced
- 1 lb bella mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- 2 large onions, minced
- 4 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 zucchini, washed and cut
- 1 package Kite Hill ricotta
- 1 package lasagna sheets
- Add tomato cans, onions, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, water, mushrooms and zucchini to a large pot.
- Cook on medium heat for 40 minutes. Mix frequently.
- In a large oven proof pan, add first a layer of tomato sauce and then layer of lasagna sheets. Repeat until dish is filled to the top. Make sure each layer of pasta has enough sauce.
- Spread ricotta cheese on top. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400F.
- If prepared in advance, cover to heat up.