- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 lbs of halibut with skin
- 2 large can of tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange peper
- 2 cup of bella mushrooms
- 2 cups of water
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic gloves
- 10 larges leaves of basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Pour tomato cans, tomato paste and water in a large pan on medium heat.
- Cut onion, peppers and garlic and drop in the pan with mushrooms.
- Let simmer until boiling. Add salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Reduce heat on low, cover and let simmer for about one hour . Mix frequently.
- When marinara has reduced and is thicker, add basil leaves.
- Cut halibut in individual pieces.
- Place in oven proof pan and cover with 3 cups of tomato sauce.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes of until flesh is tender.
- Pour another cup of warm tomato sauce when serving.
I thought I’d have to read a book for a dicsvoery like this!