Broiled Miso Eggplant – Perfect healthy appetizer with asian flavors.
Broiled Miso Eggplant is a dish you can often order from Japanese or Asian Fusion restaurant menus. The good news is that it’s incredibly easy to make at home.
The key is to brush the glaze multiple times on the flesh. Top with scallions, sesame and serve warm. Enjoy!
- 2 eggplants, sliced in half
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp mirin (or sake)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- ¼ cup white miso
- 1 tsp fresh garlic
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients except eggplant until well combined.
- Place the eggplant on an over proof pan with parchment paper.
- Make deep incisions in the eggplant flesh. It will help the dressing to penetrate the flesh.
- Brush the dressing on each eggplant. Repeat in the same order. Waiting a few minutes between each brushing helps the dressing to be better absorbed by the flesh. Repeat until there is no more dressing.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Bake on broil for 5 minutes. Make sure they don't burn! Add one more minute if necessary.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature topped with scallions and sesame.