What’s great with this recipe is that you don’t need a lot of ingredients and also you can’t miss it..
You can store the dough in fridge or refrigerator and bake each pita at the time for breakfast, sandwiches or more.. and also you can decline it with whole wheat and add grains in it.. Still delicious!!
I like to add an egg because I think it gives a fluffy texture moire moist but both are working well!Print
- 2 cup of warm water
- 2 cup of sparkling water
- 8 teaspoons of dry yeast
- 10 cups all-purpose flour + 2 cup for kneading
- 8 tsp of salt
- 8 tsp of olive oil
- 1 egg (optional)
- Dissolve yeast and water.
- Add all ingredients and mix the dough until smooth and a little bit sticky. Add more flour if necessary.
- Let rise the dough for 1-2 hours. (You can use my method and place a boiling water boil in oven with the dough to make it rise faster!)
- Preheat oven at 450 degrees. Place an oven grill in the middle.
- Divide the dough to have around 20-24 balls.
- Use a rollin pin to get flat round circle. (I didn’t have a rollin pin and manage to do it with my hands…)
- Dispose on parchment paper.
- When oven is ready, dispose on middle rack and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Enjoy warm delicious pitot!