SWEET POTATOES LENTILS SOUP – super high in protein vegan friendly creamy soup
I have been seeing so much effervescence for the instant pot that I felt obligated to get one and try it by myself. Basically it’s a fancy pressure cooker but it’s very cool. I like that you don’t have to stay next to it when cooking something or how fast it will cook a stew or vegetables. I cooked this recipe in 6 minutes using the “pressure cooking” mode.
When I was looking for recipes, I absolutely wanted to try some with sweet potatoes. Let me know how cool is it to cook sweet potatoes in 10 minutes… Priceless!
This recipes calls for lots of ingredients but it’s worth it. All the flavors are incredible together and this stew/soup gets only better the following days.
- 1 14oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled cut into small cubes2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 14oz canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup dry split red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 cup non dairy milk (or replace by water)
- 2 onion finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Finely chopped mint
- Pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Chilli flakes or harissa to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee onions, garlic and ginger in avocado oil on high heat for 3 minutes in a large pot (or pressure cooker)
- Add all remaining ingredients (except garnishes) to the pot. Cover and cook on low-medium heat for 1 hour, stirring often and making sure it's doesn't overflow.
- (if using a pressure cooker, use the mode "pressure cooking" and set on 6 minutes. When cooking is done, release pressure manually.)
- When done, you can either blend your preparation to have a soup, or you can leave it as is for a stew.