ZUCCHINI TOMATO TIAN-CRUMBLE – A mix between the famous two dishes. Ideal as a side dish or as a main vegetarian option.
One of my fav witer dish is always everything-casserole. It’s not only easy but also really nice looking.
Zucchini and tomato are a great combo in terms of flavors and texture. I also like that you can slice them to make a presentation like this tian. This recipe has a gluten-free crumble topping that you will love! And you know what? You can use it on other dish!
Zucchini tomato tian crumble – A mix between the famous two dishes. Ideal as a side dish or as a main vegetarian option.
- 2 large onion, diced
- 2 large zucchini, washed and sliced
- 4 tomatoes, washed and sliced
- 1 cup basil, washed and cut
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup avocado oil + more for cooking
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, cook diced onion on medium heat with 1 tbsp of avocado oil and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook until tender and slightly caramelized but not burnt.
- In a large casserole, alternate slices of zucchini and tomato until the whole pan is covered.
- Insert onions between slices.
- Mix flax meal, avocado oil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and seasoning in a bowl. Top the crumble on the dish.
- Finally top with basil.
- Bake for 1 hour at 400F.
- Enjoy warm or room temperature!