One Pot Tomato Pasta – super easy quick versatile vegan pasta with mushrooms
One of my main focus during the week ( and I am sure it might be yours as well..) is efficiency. I want to eat the easiest meal but as nutrient-dense possible. I love how easy is this one pot tomato pasta and how convenient it is.. It’s not messy, rich in flavor and very nutritive.
Pasta are my go to easy meal for everyday when I don’t want to eat a salad. I like to make them in one pot with everything I have in my fridge. In my case, I always have tomatoes and mushrooms as I find that they fit with everything and anything.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a picture #myorganicdiary on Instagram. I would love to see what you come up with!
- 1 lb gluten free pasta
- 2 large tomatoes, ripe or 2 cups heirloom tomatoes, ripe, diced
- 1 lb mushroom
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp neutral oil (avocado)
- 2 tbsp olive oil for seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ cup fresh basil
- optional: truffle salt
- Add tomatoes, avocado oil, onion, garlic, cumin and mushrooms to a large pan.
- Add two cups of water to it and cover. Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add dried pasta to the pot and cook in the sauce according to packaging.
- When cooked, season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add truffle salt if desired. Top with pine nuts at the end.
- Serve warm.