Zucchini boats with quinoa – easy plant-based recipe ideal when hosting or for family dinner
ZUCCHINI BOATS WITH QUINOA
Zucchini boats with quinoa - easy plant-based recipe ideal when hosting or for family dinner
- 5 zucchini, rinsed and stems removed
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup scallions
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Cut each zucchini in four pieces. With a small spoon, remove the inside and keep the flesh for another usage.
- In the mean time, heat the oil with one cup of water and sauté the onions, peppers, and garlic with the spices for 5 minutes until tender.
- Place in an oven proof pan and top with the zucchini.
- Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes.
- In the mean time, mix the quinoa with seasoning of your choice (or just salt and pepper), the scallions and the pine nuts.
- When the casserole is ready, top with the quinoa.
- Serve at room temperature or reheat at 350F for 5 minutes.