Superfood Bread – Healthful gluten-free and vegan bread, high in fiber
This bread was created when I started an anti-inflammatory diet. Gluten and dairy were the last types of foods I needed to cut down. I was already a plant-based eater but I always had a hard time saying no to a toasted baguette with a slice of cheese (maybe because I am French?!)
This is probably one of the recipes I recipe-tested the most because I wanted it to be perfect. And now I am excited to share it with you because the recipe below makes two loaves of delicious crispy-on-the-edges-and-soft-inside superfood bread!
My favorite things to top this bread with are nut butter, avocado, hummus, fig jam, onion jam…
In the same vibe, I recommend my crackers recipe HERE
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ½ cups flax meal
- ½ cup psyllium husk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup seeds or nuts of your choice (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds or other seeds for toppings
- Preheat oven at 350F
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixer bowl
- Add water and let sit for 1 minute
- Mix well using the mixer or your hands
- Using 2 loaf pans, divide the mixture in two
- Top with seeds if desired
- Bake for 1h
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove from the mold
- Serve with nut butter, avocado, hummus...
- Slice each loaf into 12 slices.
- Keeps well in the freezer for 3 months or in the fridge for 5 days.