You’ll love this sophisticated vegetarian option that can be served as an elegant main side or appetizer.
Eggplant is bit devoid of taste so, peppers are perfect to raise it savor. It gives colorful mediterranean flavors enhanced by the strong aroma of garlic.
It can be an original alternative to classic oriental cooked salad or babaganoush and even more declined with quinoa, israeli couscous, or cheese.Print
- 1 eggplant
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 6 garlic gloves
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Basil leaves
- Slice eggplant in two and brush with olive oil the inside.
- Set oven on broil and bake peppers, garlic gloves and eggplant face down on parchment paper for about 25-20 minutes until pepper are slightly burned.
- Remove inside of the eggplant.
- Place peppers in a plastic bags and leave them for 10 minutes. It will be much easier to remove the skin!
- Remove peppers skin.
- Slice thinly peppers and eggplant with knives and add garlic gloves thinly sliced too.
- Add salt and pepper and olive oil.
- Dispose in empty eggplant skin. Sprinkle basil leaves and served with multi color tomatoes.
- Replace in the oven if you want to serve warm or serve at room temperature.