Beet hummus… super original combination but so good and tasty. The sweetness of the beets add so much flavor to the heavy chickpeas.
I already published a recipe of truffle hummus which is pretty much the same except I didn’t put tahini in this recipe.Print
- Try it and love it! You’ll be nicely surprised!
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 2 lemons squeezed
- 4 medium beets
- 4 tbsp water or liquid from the chickpeas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Peel the beets and cook them for 2 hours on high heat. They’ll be soft and easy to process.
- Turn on the food processor (or the blender if you don’t have a food processor). Drop the garlic down the feed tube.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until the hummus is coarsely pureed.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.