No Mimouna is complete without its beloved traditional dish: Mufleta! It is often the first leavened food served after Passover. They are essentially like crepes and are dipped in honey or butter.Print
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm (not boiling) water
- 20g yeast
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 of vegetable (not olive) oil, + as needed
- Dissolve yeast in a little water in a large bowl.
- Add flour, rest of water, oil and salt.
- Mix together until a light and elastic dough is formed.
- Divide dough into 15 to 20 small balls.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes on an oiled and flat surface.
- Roll dough into thin circles with oily hands and oily surface.
- Use small amount of oils in frying pan.
- Cook mufleta over medium heat on both sides.
- Serve warm!