Fig and raisins quinoa couscous – the perfect healthy, flavorful sweet and sour gluten free side.
Being part of the #RecipeNod challenge, I got inspired by Melissa Tinnish and her Raisin and Fig Couscous. Her recipe reminded me the classic meals we have on Friday nights,.
I decided to twist it a bit and to use quinoa in this dish instead of couscous because it’s one of the healthier whole grains and it’s delicious crunchy texture.
This side is sweet and sour and is absolutely delicious. Figs and raisins add a perfect contrast to the scallions and quinoa.
Fig and raisins quinoa couscous – the perfect healthy and flavorful side to any protein.
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 6 fresh figs or dried figs diced
- 1/3 cup of golden raisins
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp of cinamon
- Place figs, raisins and stock in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the quinoa and onions. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, cinnamon and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.