Overnight oats are just oats soaked overnight that absorb the liquid you put them in – any kind of liquid you like! I love to use coconut milk or almond milk but any kind of milk is good too!
The ideal combination is 1 cup of oats for 2 cups of milk or 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of yoghurt! Then you just have to put in the fridge overnight and let the oats soak with the liquid!
The good part is that the toppings are endless. You can add some toppings the night before or in the morning , either way works but be aware that anything crunchy that you put overnight will become soggy! No cooking involved at all!!Print
Breakfast recipe of overnight soaked oats with cocoa powder. Ideal for a morning boost!
- 1 cup of gluten free oats
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of manuka or regular honey (or more if you don’t like the bitterness of cocoa)
- Cacao nibs, fruits, nuts, hazelnuts for toppings
- Soak overnight the oats with almond milk!
- Add any toppings you like.
- Enjoy for breakfast.