Who doesn’t love a good couscous?! I always loved it and I discovered a few years ago the sweet and sour couscous with fried fruits.
It’s a dish that requires a small preparation a few different steps but it’s all worth it!! It’s delicious and it’s ideal when you have guests. It’s a very convivial and friendly dish that everyone seem to like!Print
- 1kg of dried whole wheat couscous
- 3 cups of dried pitted prunes
- 3 cups of dried pitted apricots
- 2 cups of dried golden raisins
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 20 mini potatoes
- Salt & pepper
- 1 large lemon juice
- 2 cups of shaved almonds
- Bake dried fruits at 350 degrees for 40 minutes with 3 cups of water and 1 tbsp of cinnamon. They should be caramelized. Cook for 10 more minutes if they are too watery.
- Cut potatoes and squash in pieces. Boil until lightly firm
- Bake veggies at 400 for 1:30 with 3 tbsp of cinnamon, 2 tbsp of cumin and 2 tbsp of turmeric, salt and pepper to taste. Add 2 cup of water.
- Present couscous with caramelized dried fruits and shaved almonds on top. Add a dish with the roasted veggies on the side.
- Cook the couscous as indicated on the pack. Add olive oil and the lemon juice at the end and mix with a fork.
- Enjoy warm!