If you want to stay healthy while eating pasta, whole wheat flour is in that case the best option.
We all get tired of eating the same thing for lunch everyday… Either you eat almost everyday day at the same place or if you are lucky you get a homemade lunch. It’s actually hard to find new ideas all the time and I can be easily tired of salad!
This pasta recipe can be eaten cold and warm and is very easy to prepare. It also offers a variety of possibilities as you can switch for any veggie you like or other fish.
I really like it because it’s very colorful and fresh and the good point is that you always have leftover when you cook 16oz pasta (expect if you have a family of 5!).
- 1 lb. of organic skinless salmon
- 1 pack of whole wheat pasta
- 300g of heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of pepper
- 2 tbsps. of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Pine nuts
- 2 cups of raw spinach
- Boil water with salt. Pour pasta and undercook of 2 minutes.
- Rinse salmon and make sure there is no bone. Cut in small pieces.
- Rinse and cut tomatoes.
- Pour tomatoes in a large sautéed pan and add water.
- Cover and cook on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add salmon, pepper and lemon
- Drain pasta and pour into the pan.
- Mix well and cover for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add pine nuts and spinach, season with olive oil and pepper.
- Enjoy warm or cold.
- Rich in protein and good carbs, perfect for lunch!